« Home | More on Gay Marriage » | Pseudoephedrine » | The Contender » | Don't ya just hate it when you make an ass of your... » | Face Memory » | A New Suit and some Mother F*&*#$$@ Ties » | Interesting Test » | Blogger » | Robots » | What?! Wow... » 

Monday, March 21, 2005 

Potpourri of Thoughts

The Wedding

Well, we sang at the wedding this weekend. It went very well! We were spot on and everyone in the wedding party LOVED it, so that felt good. I got to see a couple of my high schoolmates that weekend too, so that was nice.

The groom's side of the family is ITALIAN through and through. Like, 100% Italian, and half of our song was in Italian, and we dind't know they were Italian until we got there for rehearsal! So that was interesting, but Grandma could speak Italian and she said she could understand most of it, so that was cool.

The groom's dad, who owns a fairly large business in Des Moines and who is part of a large Italian family, liked us so much that he took our name and # so he could call us again when someone else was getting married, so they could have that song! Wow! That was pretty neat, felt good.

I forgot to take a picture of me looking striking in my new suit! Sorry...maybe I'll put it on tonight and have V take a picture of me.




Raising Tuition in Iowa Univeristies

I don't like this. They said on the radio that they're rasining tuition because Iowa government (or something, I forget) is short on money.

So........to get money your going to make it more expensive to get an education?! You DON'T want kids going to college because they can't afford it or don't want to be in debt the rest of their lives? is that it? Is that the reasoning? because if it is, I sure don't get it.

If ANYTHING, I would like to see the tuition LOWERED, so more people can go to college. It's starting to become a luxury to go to college. Am I the only one that feels this?




No blogging over the weekend

Gosh, I sure feel like I miss a lot when I neither blog nor check blogger over the weekend.

My weekends are always just jam packed and so I don't get to the Internet. I DO have Internet at home, and at my parents house, I just don't get to blogging, don't have the time to sit and blog.

Every Monday morning I feel like I'm so far behind there's no use in trying to catch up! It's disenchanting.




NCAA Basketball....how 'f'ed up is that!? So many upsets...my brackets are just shot to hell in two of the conferences. I"m doing O.K. in the other two though, I predicted a couple of the upsets right, but the majority really messed me up.

Like Kansas losing
Like Wake Forest losing
Like Wis. of Milwaukee winning
Like Oklahoma losing
Like Georgia Tech losing

but despite all that, I'm still doing semi-good. Sorta...lol, but who really is doing well with their brackets anymore?!