« Home | Hello » | Jessica Alba News Alert!! (sarcasm) » | 100 Things to Know About Me » | Shitty day... » | Doug is leaving :-( » | Man Throws Lit Cigarette Out Window, Set SUV Ablaze » | What?! Ok...whatever » | Wow » | Waiting... » | The Frogs » 

Thursday, February 24, 2005 

Chess

Have I ever mentioned that I love chess?

Well, I do. I love to play it, even if I don't always win, and I collect chess boards.

Well, if you're like me, you don't always have time or people to play chess with...that's when you go to Game Knot

It's a way to play chess online at your own pace, basically. You can set up the games to have anywhere from 1 day to 14 days to make your next move. So you can just check in on your games when you have the time.

It's hard because you have to remember what you did last and it's more distracting and all that, but it's the only way I can play chess right now. SOmetimes I log into Yahoo!Chess, but that requires time devoted to the computer and I don't usually have that.

I play mostly 3 day/move games. I have joined all games I currently am playing, or have been challenged, but you can set up your own games and wait for people to join you.

I'm currently in three games at once, and I think I'm goign to lose two and win one! lol...oh well.

To me it's definately not as good as playing live with a person, but it's still fun and still a way to keep playing.