« Home | Wow » | Waiting... » | The Frogs » | Happy Valentines Day everyone  » | Self Portrait # 4 - "Baldness" » | Self portrait #3 - "Cheeky"  » | Self portrait #2 - "Cheeseballs"  » | self portrait #1 - "Kisses"  » | aaawwww  » | V's on the left, mine on the right...we see who is... » 

Friday, February 18, 2005 

What?! Ok...whatever

So I'm leaving just a touch late from home to get to work today. I do know, however, with the right traffic and me going around 80 mph (like I normally do) that I can make it to work on time. No problem, not worried.

I'm on highway 30 going east toward I-35 and I see a state trooper up ahead, so I slow down to 70 mph and hope that he plans on continuing East towards Nevada. Wrong, with one car between us all three of us are merging on to I-35.

Great...I'm now going to have to go slow until I can get around him to speed up again. This isn't working into my plan of going 80 mph and making it to work on time.

We are on I-35 for a couple minutes, going 70 mph, and I decide it's time to pass the one car and him. I've done this a million times before. I've passed 'em all, state troopers, sheriffs, cop cars, whatever the case may be. Usually I'm around 2 or later in a line of cars that is passing whatever law enforcement car it may be, but the fact remains I've done it numerous times before, it doesn't intimidate me.

I speed up to a whoppin' 71 mph and proceed to slowly pass him. And I put that in italics because it was slow and annoying trying to get up to speed with him to get by him.

Finally I get to almost even windows with him and I decide I'll look over and smile and give him a nice nod or see what he looks like and what he's up to.

We're even...I look over...

He's got this bad ass look on his face. This mean, ugly look, with the sunglasses bit and all, you know, the most stereotypical looking cop you could find, and he looks over at me with a scowl and lifts his hand into a pointy finger style and points backwards.

Get behind you? Why?

It had to have been funny if someone was watching me. I looked over with a smile and a nice innocent look and he was bad-ass looking and did that and then face just changes into the most confused look ever.

So I slow down and end up having to get behind two cars and then not a single person tried to pass him the whole way from Ames to Ankeny.

What was his deal? If it was that he thought I was speeding, I can't understand that. I was going 71, he was going 70...if he pulled me over then he better sure as hell pull himself over too.

It was just a big powertrip, I've got to be sure of that.

I'm just wondering what would have happened if I decided NOT to look over at him, would I have been pulled over then?

That was by far the weirdest experience I've had in quite a long time...

Oh, and by the by, I was about 4 minutes late to work. Had this state trooper not been there, I would have been golden. It really did make a difference only going 70 from Ames to Ankeny instead of 75-80 mph.