« Home | Favorite Holiday Song? » | What can you do that's cool or unique? » | Why? » | Lots of things to catch up on » | Wednesday morning complaints -- be warned » | All done! » | Almost sold out! » | Jack the Ripper » | Another Job and another » | Last Weekend » 

Tuesday, November 30, 2004 

What am I doing wrong?

How come I have these random people who don't even know I have bookmarked their sites and read them from time to time and they're getting 10-30 comments on each one of their posts? And some people who I do comment on their blogs, are also getting numerous comments on almost every one of their posts. Is my blog not in the "next blog" cycle? Do people see my blog and go, "Oh god, this shit sucks." or what's going on with that? Yeah, there must be something to their blogs if I found them and decided to bookmark it so I could go see what else they're talking about, but still. I have NO random people on my site who found me and decided to stick around, sure there are people I found and made them come to my site, lol, but no the other way around...

I have:

Doug and Jody, who I know

Meritt, who was a random blogger I found (which was an awesome surprise)

Yankeebob, who came to me from Meritt

Sharkie, who I randomly found and then found out she's my wife's cousin and I have met her previously...weird

Matt (oasis corn), who I found randomly and who is from Iowa

and an occassional visitor from one of the aforementioned people's site who saw me comment on their blog and came over to mine for a second. ANy advice people who get lots of comments? DO I need to be more entertaining? lol, I need help...lol

you need BLOGEXPLOSION!

you sign up, surf other people's blogs, and in return they surf yours. it freakin multiplies your traffic to the power of 73.

there's a link to it on my sidebar, click click!

Well... let me say that in the last 3 days or so, bloggers been having issues and it takes approximately 5 minutes for the comment window to open so for a few blogs I would have normally commented on, it wasn't worth the wait and I exited. A couple close friend 'bloggers' were worth it so for those I click on the comment link to open in an new window and I let them sit at the bottom of screen until they finally come through. Then I post.
A huge pain.
ALSO: One surfer once told me that by her figuring, only one out of every 55 bloggers actually leave a message. LOL. So I figure we have a lot of surfers, just not commenters. But mostly I would blame the past week of no-comments to the blog problems.

Very true, blogger has always been one big pain in the ass. Especially recently...grrr

Keep up the good work
» »

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

Post a Comment