« Home | All done! » | Almost sold out! » | Jack the Ripper » | Another Job and another » | Last Weekend » | Hehehehe » | Whoppi Goldberg on Broadway » | More Stupidness in this society » | Potpourri » | Just too much to remember » 

Wednesday, November 24, 2004 

Wednesday morning complaints -- be warned

Happy almost turkey day!

I am alive, believe it or not. The only problems I have right now are what appears to be crud still in my throat from the bronchitis/coughing and the coughing is still there, but not as bad. Also, last night I coughed a bit and heard/felt a crack in my upper chest and from then on it has hurt like a son of a gun, so I hope that's nothing big and it might go away, but right now it just hurts so much...

I hate computers, have I said that before? I can't figure the friggin' things out and support centers can suck a big one too. So, we have wireless internet. Well, it is unsecure right now, and we live in an apartment complex, which means anyone that has the capabilities too can steal our internet. I don't know how to secure it myself, because I'm computer technologicaly retarded, so I call up D-Link who we have our router through.

The dude gets me all set up so it's secure and running great, and right before he hangs up I ask if I can change the name of my router because it was set to "default." He says "Sure, just change that name right there, hit apply and you're good." So we hang up. I do that...

BAM! Friggin' router is broken, internet not working, just because I changed the damn name on it. So I try to fix it, doesn't work, so I call the D-Link back. Get a different dude, he tries shit with me and eventually says it's got to be something wrong with my internal wireless card, which I don't think is true, but whatever, I was hanging up with this dude because he kept talking and getting me nowhere.

So I try to fix it again myself, doesn't work. I'm about ready to cry I'm so frustrated (and I never cry) and so we leave for a while.

Come back home and I call HP to talk to tech support there. Would you believe it, it's some guy that speaks very hard to understand with his Indian accent English. BUT, after about 40 minutes he gets my router restarted and I have Internet again. BUT, not only is it not secure, but it's running at 24 mbps instead of the 54 mbps that it's suppose to run. So I'm pissed about that too now. I call back HP and they say it's got to be our Internet service fluxuating and it will be fine some time soon. Well, it isn't yet, but I have seen it go up into the 30's, so I'm hoping it's just something going on with Mediacom.

I'm very upset because computers are so hard to figure out in the first place, then when you want to change something, it always goes wrong, and the people on the phone aren't ever very good at helping you. I'm also very mad at myself, because if I would have just left it at the name default with it running at 54 mbps and secure, then it wouldn't have been a problem, but all I wanted to do was change the name then the whole f'in thing blew up. Now it's working again, UNSECURE, and NOT AS FAST as it was before. I don't know what to do, except throw my hands up in the air and say "If I knew someone who could help me, or I could help myself then life would be easier, but instead I'm a dumbass and so I have to bend over and take it being in the same place it was before, unsecure, but with worse speed results."

Sucks...

Got our bonus today, $667 in taxes taken out of my bonus, that sucks. But as soon as I complain about that then someone will say or think in their head, "At least you got one." or "What do you think those taxes are going to?" or something political.

All I'm doing is complaining that I don't get that $667 right now with my bonus and to me that's a lot of money.

Still smiling though, things could be worse! :-D Everyone has complaints...

Lars,

I know some people in tech support for Mediacom (which is in Des Moines so no accents) if you want to email me your address or anything I may be able to get you some answers.

Ok, I couldn't find your e-mail address anywhere, and there's no little e-mail link next to your comment, so...either you can tell me your e-mail address here, or you can e-mail me, I have my e-mail located at the top of my links on my blog and then I'll e-mail you! And I can't check my e-mail at work, so it'd be when I get home tonight.

Thanks for offering some help!

Lars, when you change the name of the connection, you have to tell your fabulous laptop to look for it, instead of "default". See me at work and I'll show you how... :-)

Hope you have better luck, though I'm jelous, we only have an older 11Mbps router....

Post a Comment