« Home | Hold the phone, I'm only an R! » | Blogger has been dead... » | Red Sox Game 6 » | Yay Veronica! » | Blogaholic quiz » | RED SOX!!!!! » | Ban Smoking in Public » | Me » | Monday morning thoughts » | Ok, sorry, this is cool too! » 

Monday, October 25, 2004 

The interview...

Right from the interview I went to rehearsal, so I didn't get a chance until now to post!

Well...I don't know, good or bad, I have no idea. There were some good things, we got along swell I think. I didn't impress him with my lack of Quark experience, but I did make him go "hmm" and raise his eyebrows when I told him that the little I did know about Quark I taught myself and am continuing to teach myself, he seemed to like that.

I got it switched around to where we were talking about him and where he came from what why he was in Iowa, because he said it was his first day of his third week in the job, and I took over from there for a bit...from what I've read that's good!

He asked a couple questions and I think I answered them well enough.

It's so hard to recall what happened in an interview...

At the end he said "well, I have a few really good candidates and so I'll need to think about it for a couple days but I should give you a call Wednesday or somewhere around there." Then asked if I had any questions and I said "well, you said there were two graphic designers..." and let him take over from there. So I asked why the other one left, which is a good question to ask to see why they left and if it was because the company sucks etc etc.

And I seemed very interested in the company and the job, which I was...man, I just don't know...I want the job so bad..but I just don't think I have what anyone wants...I just suck

I don't think I got it...but who knows, I hold out SOME hope...but I just don't think my portfolio is strong enough and I don't think I have the skills...I just don't...especially not compared to what's out there...BUT then I think that if given the job I would do it, maybe not well at first, but I could grow and I would be good...I would be...