« Home | Lost » | Pathetic » | Another Running Post ;-) » | Gas » | Fever Pitch » | 3 Miles Last Night » | Cyborg Name » | More Running and my goals + Chicago in Des Moines » | Running -- Day 3 and New Shoes! » | Running - Day Two » 

Monday, September 19, 2005 

I got a running partner!

A friend of mine from theatre in Story City just moved out of his fiance's house and into his store that he owns in Story City and I saw him Sunday night at our theatre meeting. So then I went over to his store to hear some music from the production he's going to be directing this winter, he has a part in mind for me, and we got to talking and I asked him if he ever did any running. He tells me he's a tri-athelete...running/biking/swimming...and that he hadn't run in a month or so but had done some races this summer and needed to get back into it.

So we set up a 9:30 run last night. We did 3 miles in 34 minutes, I dind't feel bad about that after a 2 day break from running. Also, we ran on the roads of Story City where he knew it was 3 miles, he had done it before, and he drove it just to make sure. So, I think running on the roads and going up and down some hills may have done a bit of a difference since I usually run on the track, and sometimes by lap 12 I forget if I've done 11 or 12 laps ;-)

We're going out again tonight. My left leg has been a little achy all day, but I think I'm up for it! He's definately more conditioned than me, but he's a great guy so he just runs with me and we talk and get a good workout.

We're going to push ourselves and try to get better times, so that'll be good for me too.

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

Post a Comment