« Home | Running - Day Two » | "How are you today, Lars?" » | Housewarming Party Question » | B&W Photos » | Opinions » | Madagascar » | My Theatre Alumni » | Howard McGillin is going to come back to Phantom! » | Sickness » | Pictures I Just Took That I Like » 

Saturday, September 10, 2005 

Running -- Day 3 and New Shoes!

I ran again last night! I'm determined now by golly.

I went out around 9:45 pm and ran at the track. I did some stretching then walked around the track once and then I was ready to go.

I am just going to do a mile for a week and then see if I can bump it up a bit or see if it gets easier and go from there.

So, I did a mile, 4 times around the track. It sure was sore the whole run. I keep thinking, as soon as I get going the muscles will relax and do what they're suppose to, and they kind of do. It does get a little easier. I still breath pretty hard and I don't run fast and I'm not sure it's a straight even pace the whole time, but I did seem to get into some sort of rhythm on the 4th lap. Just a week more or so and I should be doing a mile fairly simple I think.

This time I did the mile in right around 10 minutes.

Then I actually walked around the track twice after my run for a cool down. Stopped after the first lap to stretch it out then did the second lap. Then I walked the long way home and that was it.

The area between my calves and my achilles tendons was sore quite a bit all week since I starting running and it sure hurt afterwards still, but I can handle that.

One good news is, though, that this Saturday morning now they don't hurt for some reason!!! I woke up, swung my legs out of bed, stood up and walked and they didn't hurt like a sonofabitch like they had been. Wow! I didn't expect that. And they still don't hurt, I can tell the muscle is a bit tender, but it doesn't hurt like it did! We'll see what happens when I run tonight!

The other good news is I went out and bought new shoes last evening!!

They are Adidas Ozweego's and I got them on sale :-) I went in there and tried those clearance shoes on first, and they were SO comfortable. Made for high arches. So then I left one of those on and tried on the other shoe of about 7 other shoes in my price range and ran around in them and this one was the most comfortable, so I bought them. I asked and they said that I can try them out and if they aren't working for me as long as I have the box and receipt I can return them. There was no time limit, so that was nice.

Here's a picture:



Mine are almost those colors, but they are white/black/red :-)