« Home | Running -- Day 3 and New Shoes! » | Running - Day Two » | "How are you today, Lars?" » | Housewarming Party Question » | B&W Photos » | Opinions » | Madagascar » | My Theatre Alumni » | Howard McGillin is going to come back to Phantom! » | Sickness » 

Monday, September 12, 2005 

More Running and my goals + Chicago in Des Moines

I went to see Chicago at the Playhouse and I was pleasently surprised! Chicago is a hard one for a community theatre to pull off if you ask me and I thought it was pretty good. Some strong leads and some strong chorus members and all in all, there wasn't anyone who was BAD. I was impressed acutally. Especially in the orchestra, wow, they sounded great!

I didn't run Saturday night because my dad and my uncle, who both did marathons back in the day, said not to run 7 days a week. I did run last night, another mile, and cool downs and warm ups and got the soreness/pain in the rigt calf muscle area, darn thing, but not near as bad as I was getting, so I think it's going good.

I woke up Saturday morning and nothing hurt. For having a constant soreness from Wednesday I was happy to have no soreness. I'm barely sore at all right now.

I think tonight I'm going to do another mile, and then Wednesday do a mile and a half. Or perhaps not run tonight, run Tuesday in preparation for the mile and a half on Wednesday, or perhaps run tonight 1 mile, Tuesday 1 mile and Wednesday do the mile and a half. I'm having friends over Tuesday night, so that might be a good night to not run.

My goal is to run in a marathon. For sure. I'm pumped about it. I'm totally pumped about this whole running thing in general, but I want to run a marathon. I want to do it for myself, first and foremost, most definately. I want to feel SO good inside and outside. Feel good about myself and my accomplishments and to know I'm doing something so healthy for myself (since I eat such not healthy food!). But then I want to do it for my dad and my uncle and for Veronica and the rest of my family. I want them to be proud of me, not that they arent already, but I've only done accomplished things on stage and in singing and band, and I want to do this. Running a marathon is, to me, beyond amazing. If I actually do it, which my goals are to do it, then I will be so amazed that I actually did something like that.

ah! just gets me all pumped up right now.

That's the hardest thing...to have to WAIT to be good at running. I just want to beat this running thing right away, but I can't. It takes time...and sometimes I'm not very patient.

I don't feel like I've gotten much better since Wednesday, though I know things don't hurt as much, but I feel like I'm running about the same at 10 minutes for a mile and then I know if I push myself I can go on, not for long, but I probably could...but I know I shouldn't right away, so I stop at 1 mile.

Eh...it's just me blabbing now, so I'll stop.