« Home | Gas » | Fever Pitch » | 3 Miles Last Night » | Cyborg Name » | More Running and my goals + Chicago in Des Moines » | Running -- Day 3 and New Shoes! » | Running - Day Two » | "How are you today, Lars?" » | Housewarming Party Question » | B&W Photos » 

Thursday, September 15, 2005 

Another Running Post ;-)

I ran 3 miles again last night. Boy did it feel good! I started getting into a groove between mile 2 and 3. I know I'm not ready to go much past 3 miles yet, so I stopped, which was good because you know, I can feel it when I stop that my legs are telling me to take it easy. Breathing was nice and relaxed tonight. Pace was good. I finished in 31 minutes. My mind and most of my body are just rearin' to go longer and faster, but my legs, I think, are still telling me to take it easy, you've only been doing this for a week, it takes time to get into shape. I bought some mesh shorts at Target. I've never owned a pair of mesh shorts before. I also bought some Powerade, that's suppose to help to drink before and after...so I did that. It says it's a power drink with energy boosting and Vitamin B...sure, whatever you say Powerade. Oh, and it was such a nice night! It was too cool for shorts even, so I had on my sort of windbreaker style pants, it was great. The cool air felt so good in my lungs and after a couple laps when I started sweating it felt like the perfect temperature. It was bliss, folks.

I think I will run again tonight, maybe then take off Friday night and go Saturday and Sunday...who knows. Oops, wont be Saturday night, going to Miss Saigon!!!!! Oh, there will be a separate post on Miss Saigon, you know there always is for the musicals I go see or are in :-)

NOW...I just want to be able to work out my stomach and my upper body too. I have no place to do that though. There's a fitness room here at work, but I always have to leave right after work to go get the little one, so no after work. Then I'm not free until 9-ish when V get's home, so then I run and then I watch soem TV and go to bed at around midnight, so no evening work outs. No morning work outs because I'm up so late! I'm a night owl by nature, that can't change. No work out during lunch, it's only a half hour and you know how much I love eating...and I need to eat with all the running I'm doing!

No time for any other training, unfortuantely.