« Home | Inspection » | Our New House :-) » | I'm done playing the game » | Houses » | Come See Me In "The Music Man"!! » | Thanks Meritt :-) » | Stressed!! » | If you don't have anything nice to say... » | Hello » | YankeeBob :-D » 

Friday, May 27, 2005 

I'm SO lucky this morning

WOW...um, thank you Lord for watching out for me this morning.

I was running a little late this morning, and well, I speed anyway, but I'm doing probably 80 mph on I-80W towards work. I'm going with the flow of traffic, if you've ever been on I-80 you know it's a fast moving Interstate. Well...wouldn't you know it some lights come on behind me.

I watch out for cops like it's my job, this guy was in an SUV and he was unmarked, so come on, who wouldn't miss that? I pull over and I"m about to shit myself.

This guy was the rudest cop I'd ever met in my life. I don't really have time to go over the whole story, but I got chewed hard about how fast I was going.

First he wants my drivers liscense. So, I try to show it to him through my wallet because my liscense is almost split in half from the way it sits in my wallet. SO, I get chewed hard for that and told to fix it. (Which I know I need to do, but don't have time to go to the DMV. Will try to do that tommorrow since I don't have rehearsal.)

Then I got accused of stealing the liscence plates because I couldn't find my registration at first. I told him those were my stickers and they were up to date and then I found my registration.

Now at this point, I am terrified, I'm scared of cops period, but this guy was mean and scary and so when I hand him the registration my hand is shaking so bad, literaly the papers are flopping up and down as I hand it to him.

He then says it's not the right registration after comparing it to the VIN. Then I am flabbergasted, I don't know what to say, so he grabs it again real quick and checks it again and then recants, never apologizes, but says it is indeed the right registration.

Next, now here's the really bad part, he asks for my proof of insurance. I don't have any, I lost it or never had it or something. Here is also the uncanny part of the story. Yesterday I had called my insurance company to get an insurance card for my car (long story) and so they're sending me one. I asked them yesterday on the phone, I kid you not, what I should do if a cop stops me. They said to tell him you have insurance they'll just need to call us.

So here I am with this really mean cop. I try to tell him that. He gets real pissy then and chews me out hardcore about how much it costs to not have insurance and how "I could take your keys, your car and your liscense plates right now and send you walking down this interstate and I probably should for the way you were driving."

Some more mean talking chewing out occurs and he tells me how lucky I am and from the first sentence out of his mouth I've been agreeing and apologizing profusely. I am apologizing more and listening and shaking and he says something to the extent of slowing down and watching out from now on and how lucky I am and then just walks away.

I pull back out onto the interstate and go 65 mph the rest of the way to work.