« Home | Face Memory » | A New Suit and some Mother F*&*#$$@ Ties » | Interesting Test » | Blogger » | Robots » | What?! Wow... » | Hello! » | Hey, Blogger, Just So You Know... » | American Idol -- America ALMOST got it right » | College Puzzlement » 

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 

Don't ya just hate it when you make an ass of yourself?

I certainly do. I try to have intelligent conversations, but I just don't think I can do it. I don't know enough about political or governmental things to do it, yet I try to run with the big boys. I think I'm going to stop now. I used to just keep every opinion of mine to myself, when did I decide that it was ok for me to share my opinions?

Honestly, I don't like getting into skirmishes, I don't like getting all red and hot in the face because I tried to assert myself and now may be shot down, I just don't like confrontation, so I have just kept most everything to myself.

I just don't feel like my opinions are ever validated. Like I'm a little school boy the older kids just brush aside as not worth their time.

I feel like if I share opinions contrary to what my friends believe that I will lose them as friends. I also feel like if my friend gets another friend that I'll fall in the ranks and then be gone from their friendship, or they'll find something they like about that other person better. I start looking at that other person and wanting to be like them because they obviously do some things better than you if they got the attention of your friend. This isn't normal behavior...

Maybe it's because the only time, recently, I have tried sharing my opinions is when I felt compelled to in regards to something I didn't agree with, or didn't like. Maybe if I start sharing my opinions on things that everyone else shares the same opinions on then I'll be safe! :-)

Ok, enough serious Lars, but hey, I haven't had a post like this in a while, so :-P!

In other news, I'm excited about wearing my suit this weekend!

I'm also excited about my first rehearsal for the quartet tonight...I shall let y'all know how it goes.