« Home | High school Freshman year English class stories » | Ever Feel... » | My states » | Clarification Post » | I feel like I have so much to say! » | My brain is female?! » | I hate 'em but I'm going to do one... » | DAMMIT » | Titanic » | Helipad Wonderment » 

Monday, March 07, 2005 

I got the part!

I got the part I was going for in The Music Man! I am Jacey, the first tenor in the quartet. If you've seen The Music Man then you would know what I am talking about.

I didn't want to be Harold Hill, just have never wanted to be that lead. Since high school when we did The Music Man and I got screwed I have always wanted to be in the quartet, I just love it. So, I am very excited!!

The only other part I wanted was Marcellus, Harold Hill's friend that lives in River City. The weird thing is the guy that they offered the part of Marcellus to, turned it down. It was either Harold Hill or nothing for this guy because he had another musical he could audition for. So the direct calls me and asks me which one I would prefer because she knows I could do any part in the show but she has concerns over who else to give that part to. She would rather see me in the part of the first tenor and can't see anyone else doing that part, but thought she would give me some say in it.

Well, I chose Jacey because it's the part I've wanted forver and it's the part I was really gunning for. And I'm happy with my decision, but the guy they gave Marcellus too may do it funny, but he cannot sing the part, and that's unfortunate.

I'm thoroughly excited to be the first tenor though!! Everyone is invited to see it. It will run the first weekend in June in Story City!! I will let you know when tickets go on sale. And I will have some tales from The Music Man rehearsals too, I imagine.

Toodoloo, off to the big company meeting from 9 am - 1 pm.