« Home | Music Man » | Something to Ponder (from an e-mail I got) » | Kenobi isn't so bad, I guess » | Dress Rehearsal » | I'm SO lucky this morning » | Inspection » | Our New House :-) » | I'm done playing the game » | Houses » | Come See Me In "The Music Man"!! » 

Monday, June 06, 2005 

Music Man Withdrawl

Man...I'm missing it like crazy and it's only been a day. I miss the people SO much and I miss the singing SO much.

It's hard to explain unless you were actually there, some who have done theatre before can come close to understanding what I mean, but every situation is unique.

Just such a great group of people. Such nice, friendly, warm, loving, caring, talented people. I have been in 6 JSTT musicals now. I've really had a blast in every one of them, truly have. This one though...by far my favorite experience.

We gelled as a cast and we put together a damn fine show. I got three of them on audio, now I just need to find my cord that goes from MD player to computer and I can rip it into tracks.

I miss these people, man. We are planning a get together in a couple weeks to play some sand volleyball again (we did on Friday night for our cast party and it was a blast!).

This Tuesday I am rehearsing with the quartet again because we are singing this Friday for some Ice Cream Sociable thingie, so that will be great.

At the end of the month we're moving into our house and some of my new musical friends want to come help us...so that will rock!

I miss the show, The Music Man will never be the same for me again. I keep singing the songs in my head and getting sad because I'll never get to hear them again like I did for 2 months straight with that cast. Except for the DVD, but that wont be the same.

I know this feeling might wear off and I'll go back to normal again...but meeting new people and realizing how great people are and how new friends can make you feel so great and bonding as a cast to put together such a fine show with such fine talent and voices...the feeling is amazing.

I can't wait for next year...Sondheim's INTO THE WOODS baby...it'll be a blast and some from this year, I hope, will be there next year.

Really...even though my wife is directing next year, if other people audition and are better suited for the 6 roles I want to play in that show, then I wont get cast. We may be husband and wife, but we're professionals and she wouldn't cast me if I wasn't the best that auditioned and I know that. I just know that I can do those roles and rock the hell out of them and so I feel confident that I can land one of those roles.

My role in The Music Man marks the 24th time on stage for me, how many characters I've played in those 24 shows? Too many to try and count right now!

MUSIC MAN...I will miss you.