« Home | Baton Twirler » | Stressed » | Holy money Batman! » | RIP Couch » | Things done in preparation for the house: » | Whew! » | Packing » | Terry Schiavo Update » | Let me Leave » | The 21st Birthday » 

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 

Moving Day

Well, the move was huge and long and hot and rainy! We signed papers in the morning, then from about 10-3 we painted and cleaned. From about 3-11pm we moved moved moved. Moved from my parents garage to my house (stored a couch and a stove), from my parents house to my house (got their old bedroom set), from my apartment to my house twice. It was pretty awesome to see everyone out helping and having a good time and getting the work done. Feels good to have such friends and just seeing people there for you. Kind of funny, I moved the couch from a house to my parent garage on Friday with a friend, Saturday we moved a friend from his apartment to house and then Sunday I moved more of that couch from Friday THEN I moved myself on Monday. I moved a lot. I was constantly carrying something heavy!

Boy did we pick a day to move too! Freaggin' close to 100 degree heat index. The sweat was just rolling off me and everyone else. All us guys had our shirts off, that's a good thing about being a guy, we can do that. Now sure, you girls can do that too, no problem with me, just other people sometimes frown on it...though I just don't know why! Well then, besides the heat, then when we got to my apartment to move the big stuff, the majority of the boxes and the furniture, it starts pouring and gusting winds.

We ended up having one of the guys from my quartet had a huge covered moving truck that he used for his business, looks just like a big u-haul but was all white, so we used that for the furniture and just loaded it up and it was awesome.

Since we finally got everything in the house at 11 pm and Kaia's room was still drying and our room was all cattywhompus, furniture this way and that and the bed not even made, we had no idea where our bathroom stuff is or towels and all our clothes from washing were still at my parents house, we just crashed there Monday night. Too jumbled to stay at our house, and too hot. We gotta get an air conditioner in our room and fans in Kaia's (because Kaia's one window has a screen that can't be removed (stupid) so we can't put an air conditioner in there. But our rooms are right by each other in the smaller upstairs, so our air will travel to Kaia room too.

Literally boxes upon boxes stacked all over the house and a stove in the middle of the kitchen while the old one was still hooked up and nothing looks right, but we're staying there from last night on out and we'll just work through the boxes and the furniture as we can in the months to come!

An update on what we got done last night will be following! Right now we don't have Internet or cable TV at our house so no updating from home, unless I go over to my parents.