« Home | How do you say it? » | COMING SOON: Music Man Sounds » | ggggrrrr face moment of the day » | Music Man Withdrawl » | Music Man » | Something to Ponder (from an e-mail I got) » | Kenobi isn't so bad, I guess » | Dress Rehearsal » | I'm SO lucky this morning » | Inspection » 

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 

The 21st Birthday

Why is it so important to go get smashed drunk drunk drunk on your birthday? Why is that cool? And why do you have to be in a bar at midnight? With your friends who want to get you so drunk you can't remember who they are?

I guess I would think if you're the kind of person who does all of the above listed things then I really don't understand why all that has to be done? Most people I encounter that are SUPER EXCITED to go get trashed and drunk and hungover to beat hell the next day are the ones that have been drinking for years and years and years illegally anyway. Where's the excitement then? I guess I understand being excited to finally do it legally, but it just doesn't seem that way.

Take sex for example. By the time it was wedding night for Veronica and I we had been having sex befoe then so the wedding night was nothing special for that specific instance. It was special that we were married, etc. but not for the sex part. We almost didn't even do it on wedding night we were so tired.

Now...had we been virgins, then I would have been ALL over that. But, like the first night we decided to have sex, which was the de-virginizing of us both, now THAT was a special night.

I got a bit off topic there, but why does the 21st birthday have to be celebrated by getting trashed? I guess I just don't get drinking to begin with. Especially drinking to excess. Especially for minors.

Oh well, I had a million things I was going to write about when I found time to blog, but then someone here is celebrating her 21st and she was all "yeah, midnight at the bar baby!" and I just have never understood...