« Home | RIP Couch » | Things done in preparation for the house: » | Whew! » | Packing » | Terry Schiavo Update » | Let me Leave » | The 21st Birthday » | How do you say it? » | COMING SOON: Music Man Sounds » | ggggrrrr face moment of the day » 

Thursday, June 23, 2005 

Holy money Batman!

Internet and Basic Cable TV are TOO expensive!

We pay $22.95/mth. right now for Mediacom 128k Internet. We have modem and router and we're constantly online, it's nice, it's not that expensive. Wish it was faster, but I'm not complaining too loud. We only pay that, I guess, because we have basic cable package that our apartment pays for (well, it's included in the rent if you know what I mean) and so now that I"m buying a house I have to pay for cable tv by myself. That alone is $45. The 128k Internet we have right now is going to be $32.95 because we wouldn't have the discount for having cable with them. If we get basic cable and the 128k Interent together with Mediacom it is $70-75 a month!

OUCH, did someone just grab my balls and yank?! I can't afford that. Not on the piss-poor salary I get here. Now...if I could get a job in AMES or STORY CITY then I'd be saving $150/month in gas and then, it might be do-able...but nooooooooooooooo it's just not happening for me.

Is there another option than Mediacom? I don't think there is. There is for Internet, but I don't want to have to use an ISP, I want to use my own browser, not dumb MSN's broweser or any other shit. I want to be online constantly, I don't want to dial-up.

There are lots of options for Internet, but for Cable TV, isn't it just pretty much Mediacom or...Mediacom?? Does anyone know?

Yes...Yes...Yes...I know that having cable tv and Internet are luxury items, but it's hard to live without them when you've had them your whole life. I know I have to give up some things (Internet/TV) to have some other things I may want (a house). I just want to bitch though, so please, no be responsible" "suck it up" "get a life" comments. I know all the possible things that could be said about this post, I don't think I should have to be accountable for myself on a blog, it's suppose to be a place where I can go to bitch! :-)