« Home | My Doll :-) » | Relationships » | Let me tell you two things about the bathroom » | Talking With... » | Still sick... » | Mamma Mia! » | Dora the Explorer Live! » | Hear ye, hear ye » | The Queasy need stay away » | Haloscan commenting and trackback have been added ... » 

Monday, January 31, 2005 

My weekend

I had a good weekend, it felt really long...which is a very good thing!

Friday just hung out with the kid and the sister, and when the kid went to bed, V was home from her play and we watched I, Robot which I enjoyed quite a bit! It was a very powerful piece of theatre.

Saturday woke up and went to meet the lady that was going to watch our kid for the 2 weeks after our daycare lady's daughter has a baby. She was very cool, and her kids were very cool, so I'm excited about that. I'd actually like her to watch Kaia permenantely, but, I don't think she wants to be a daycare provider anymore, she's just home all day anyway and told our daycare lady she would take some of the kids if they couldn't find anyone.

However, she did say she'd babysit for us sometime! So that's awesome, if all goes well we may finally have a babysitter besides my parents!

Then, after that, we went shopping at the mall. It was awesome! I found some awesome new jeans and a button down shirt and some boxers from AE. Love them, and needed them!

Then, Kaia and V went to Claires and got 20 items for $10 and some of the items were things I collect that I wont mention here since it's pathetic, but Veronica and I are obsessed. Anyway, the packages were $.50 since it was 20 items for $10 and inside one of the packages was a special one of the things I collect that it alone is worth $30-50 depending on how much a collector is willing to spend. So...spend $.50 get something I can sell on Ebay for $40. But it was SO exciting because I've never gotten something so special before, but I will probably eventually sell it...but I have quite the collection of this specific thing going and I can sell my collection for hundreds of $$ and I've only spent about $50 on all of it so far, so I'm doing good!

And the awesome thing about the mall shopping is Kaia did a fantastic job! She had fun with Mommy and Daddy and she never threw a fit or anything, so that was such a fun day out at the mall with the family! :-)

Then Kaia took a nap for us and that was grand.

Grandma and Grandpa has us meet them at the car lot and we went a looked at a couple of sweet 2005 cars, I should *hopefully* be needing to make a decision today on a car and *hopefully* have that puppy by the end of the week.

My first new car **SQUEEEEEEEEAAAAALLLLL**

Then my sister and I went to see V in her show, and it went very well!

We went out to eat at Perkins and then we went home to bed.

Woke up Sunday, V went to the play and I lounged around at home and did nothing but watch TV (even though the apartment needed cleaning) and I loved it!

I watched "Stuck on You" with Matt Damon and Greg Kinnear and I thought it was hilarious and I loved it! But that's just me...

Then, after more TV V got home with the car we went and had supper with my mom and dad and Kaia and then went home!

Good weekend...and now I'm back...at work...but I'm waiting for a call on the new car situation! :-D We have a call in about a house for rent (it's better than renting an apartment) for $450/month which is a hell of a lot cheaper than our apartment, but it's in Story City and I don't like that.

I want to live in Ames, I want to live in the town V is going to college in. I want to live CLOSER to Des Moines since I STILL work in this town and I want to live in the town that has Target and the mall and Wal-Mart and movie theatres and all that...I don't WANT to live in Story City dammit...I guess I'll have to look again at what might be in Ames for us...

oh, the woman that is going to watch Kaia for us, her and her two kids and husband live in this townhome sort of thing and they got it for $550/month when it's normally $700-900 because it happened to be open when they were looking and the guy wanted to rent it to a nice family...frick! a 3 bedroom for $550/month...luck bastards!

best regards, nice info » » »

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

Post a Comment