« Home | Let me tell you two things about the bathroom » | Talking With... » | Still sick... » | Mamma Mia! » | Dora the Explorer Live! » | Hear ye, hear ye » | The Queasy need stay away » | Haloscan commenting and trackback have been added ... » | Comments » | Word... » 

Friday, January 28, 2005 

Relationships

Veronica NOT my wife had a big post on dating and changing names and all that, and it got me thinking about my dating and all that nonsense.

One thing she talked about was that she is Mexican and has never dated anyone out of her race.

That's a rather funny topic for me. I'm white...my wife is white...this will be interesting in a minute, trust me.

My favorite women to oogle and be attracted to are NON caucasian. I get made fun of by my friends and co-workers all the time because they know my preference in women. I love Hispanic, Black, Italian, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean...now I have a certain body type and facial type in mind, but I prefer the non-caucasian. Don't get me wrong there are, in my opinion, more hot white girls than any other race and I do find them very very sexy too, but there's just something to the other races.

Now here's the funny part, because my wife...WHITE...WHITE AS CAN BE. Ghost, see through, transparent, paper white. The opposite of tan. If she tried to tan it'd turn her MORE white I'm quite sure of it.

When it comes to dating, that's another funny story between me and my wife and I think universally through men and women.

To me (the male race), I have only gone out seriously with 3 women - one being Veronica. And the rest dont count, they weren't real girlfriends, they were girls I dated for a month at best and nothing even happened we just went to movies and, with a couple of them just kissed. We were never serious, we were exclusive, but not serious, like I was with the other two and then Veronica.

She tells me this number when we first started going out of the guys she went out with, then I find out they're almost all like 2 week relationships...psht! that doesn't count...

I went out with Allison in high school. First girlfriend, loved her with all my heart, broke up with her after around a year, have NO idea why I did it, tried to get her back for the next year (didn't work), then went off to college. Still don't know why I broke up with her. #1 girl I loved. Didn't kiss for 6 months..and that's all we did. Still very good friends with her.

I went out with Marci in college. Loved her with all my heart, but damn she had no common sense, neither does anyone in her family, and she just ended up bugging me SO much I knew I couldn't marry her, even though we had talked about it, I knew it wasn't to be, so we broke up. Didn't do anything but kissing with her. #2 girl I loved. Still very good friends with her.

Then Veronica, we all know her, we all know where that went...I've got the ring on my finger! ;-) #3 girl I loved, love her the most too!

Now, I can explain every girl that I have gone out with and why she is not considered a "girlfriend" but I wont do that. Just some stupid week long relationships that involved seeing each other every now and then going to movies and some of them involved making out.

Now is that strictly a guy way of thinking? Little stupid relationships don't really count whereas the serious ones are the ones that count? Because I've talked to my guy friends and they all agree with me and then V and my sisters and her girl friends think it's not that way.

So the way I see it I went out with three girls: Allison, Marci and Veronica.
I can name the other ones too: Sara, Jenny, Juanita (not caucasian :-D but that's not why I went out with her!), Randi, Mary Sara, Christy, Stephanie. There's a few others that I don't remember their names right now.

I've only had one "secret" daring relationship that a handful of people know about and it really needs to stay that way...

But for the first couple of years everytime a new name popped up V would say, "Oh, another one you didn't tell me about!" LOL and I say "Well, it doesn't count."

Interesting side note -- never NOT been friends with a girl that I went out with or dated or saw or whatever you want to say. Still would be considered friends with all of them!

Maybe it's stupid and maybe it's superficial but I wouldn't be happy if my wife had chosen not to take my name. It's just something you do! It makes me happy that she has my last name now and that our kids now have my name and we're a happy little family. Hard to explain, it's just something I was always looking forward to. And I have always thought that if I were a girl I would look forward to the day that I meet that man that is going to give me my new last name. Annoying to change all of your stuff to the new name, but exciting to have something new like that.