« Home | Phenom » | Spamalot » | So, what do you do when you don't want to be at wo... » | Singing » | HAHAHAHAHA » | Uh-oh... » | Mario Party 6 is almost out! » | Who's the man now?! » | Me thinks I'm dumb » | I'll use the word hate for this... » 

Wednesday, December 08, 2004 

The "I'm so cool" worker

There is this person at work that I used to consider an "ok" friend. We would chat and talk about life and family and things were good. Then said worker goes and gets a new job with more responsibility. Well that's ok, I was proud of said worker.

But now, said worked wont even barely give me the time of day. Said worker will be flying down the hallways and said worker's desk is a mess and said worker is always in meetings and doing this and doing that and is all happily frazzeled. Well, said worker is the "I'm so cool for being so busy look at me, look at me" worker.

The one that doesn't have to act the way they are, they just want to seem so cool for being so busy and somehow gets off on it. Yeah, said worker may be busy but they can't be busy every second of the day. I know that when said worker had the other job said worker had that said worker would slack off to no end, everyone slacks off a little, but said worker made it an art, but then also got their work done too. So it's not like said worker likes to work so hard, so it is in my opinion that said worker is enjoying her new position and the esteem it brings with showing everyone how busy they are and how much responsibility they have.

I had told said worker in one of the brief moments I got to share with them about the new Josh Groban CD/DVD because said worker and daughter love him and wnet to see him in concert, etc. Said worker had never heard it was out but was genuinely excited and was going to get for daughter.

So today I ask said worker if they'd checked into the CD yet and as said worker rushed by me said "Nope, not enough time in the day."

Ohhhh, come on! Said workers other half makes a crapload of money, you don't do THAT much at home, especially with daughter at college now and only one kid left in the house and you're telling me you don't have enough time in the day to check out a CD? Riiiiiiight "too cool" said worker!

Ah well, whatcha gonna do?

Picturing myself in that position... taking all the other 'stuff' out of the equation though; I'd have to say I've been too busy to check out any new cd's too. Even if I liked them... even if I was happy they put one out... right now it would be on the bottom of my list as well. :)

Well, my point wasn't the CD thing. The point was that it's hard to believe that someone in this office is so busy that they can't stop to talk for 5 minutes or less.

It was just suppose to be a funny story. :-)

Post a Comment