« Home | Howard McGillin is going to come back to Phantom! » | Sickness » | Pictures I Just Took That I Like » | Happy Couple » | This would be awesome! » | Wicked Wizard Switch! » | Sweeney Todd is BACK! » | Auditions » | Oh my... » | Nervous » 

Friday, September 02, 2005 

My Theatre Alumni

Should be interesting to see how this season comes out. I'd like to get up to see all of these actually. There's just not much talent left in that theatre. My directors Jay and Janice left with me when I graduated, and who they brought in to replace them isn't the greatest...which is unfortunate. The talent in the students doesn't seem to be near as strong as who was there when I was and maybe a year after I left, then we all left and now they're left with these new students who somehow just don't seem to be as high calibre as we once were. It's all probably in my head because I know who I was with and I don't know these new kids, but that's my opinion.




WALDORF COLLEGE THEATRE ANNOUNCES 2005-06 SEASON
August 12, 2005
I Remember Mama, a slice of life play about a Norwegian family in 1910 San Francisco, will open the 2005-06 Waldorf College Theatre Department’s theatrical season in October. Under the direction of Dr. Robert AuFrance, Director of Theatre at Waldorf, the play will be presented October 4-8 in coordination with Homecoming/Family Weekend Festivities. Show times are October 4-6 at 7:30 p.m. and October 7 and 8 at 8:00 p.m. All of the performances will be held in the Smith Theatre, located in Thorson Hall on the Waldorf campus in Forest City.

Other productions by the Waldorf College Theatre Department for the 2005-2006 season include:

Damian Ernest, assistant professor of theatre at Waldorf, will direct Titus Andronicus, written by William Shakespeare. The play is Shakespeare’s epic tale of revenge, responsibility, and duty to self and country. Performance dates and times are Nov. 15-19 at 7:30 pm in Smith Theatre.

Little Shop of Horrors, a musical spoof of 1950’s sci-fi movies and doo-wop music with a man-eating plant, will be presented February 14-18 at 7:30 pm in Smith Theatre. Written by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken, Dr. AuFrance will direct the production, assisted by Dr. Bradley Creswell, who will serve as the music director.

The 2005-06 season concludes with the production, The Nerd written by Larry Shue and directed by Damian Ernest. The play is a satire on the price of friendship. Production dates will be April 5-8 at 7:30 pm in Smith Theatre.

Very nice site! » » »

Post a Comment