« Home | My Weekend! » | Gonna try to see some more! » | Trying it out too! » | Moving Day » | Baton Twirler » | Stressed » | Holy money Batman! » | RIP Couch » | Things done in preparation for the house: » | Whew! » 

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 

My Weekend! Part II

SUNDAY

We got up about 9:30 am and got ready and got our stuff all ready to go put in our car. Have I mentioned parking in Chicago yet? It's insane! You can't park for free, that's a given, but it's expensive! They are all over the place too. Park here, Monthly Parking, Early bird specials! etc etc. Well we parked in the garage closest to our hotel. We took our stuff to the car and then headed out to find some breakfast and take some pictures.

We got to the baskin robbins/dunkin donuts that we had noticed early right by the theatre and it was closed for repairs :-( so we just headed to the Chicago theatre district for some pictures. We got lots of good pictures of The Oriental Theatre (where Wicked is) and Cadillac Theatre where Lion King is and some of the smaller theatres and some signs and all that. We stopped in the Oriental Theatre to see if the box office knew if Ana was calling out today or not...they did not, and were very rude about it. Then for lunch we stopped at Pot Bellys, which was good.

Then we headed out for a walk before the 2 pm showing of Wicked. We went to the Millenium Park, which was VERY cool. Good times and beautiful. Got some pictures there too.

Finally time to see Wicked again! In much anticipation we finally step into the lobby and...Kristy Cates will be on today for the role of Elphaba. Oh...my...

Seriously, I was SO happy to get to see Wicked twice and it was SO great and SO much fun. But HALF the reason we drove down to Chicago was to see Ana Gasteyer perform as Elphaba. The other half was just to see Wicked since we love the show so much and it's such a new show (the tour just started and this sit-down production in Chicago -- it won the 2004 Tony for best musical as well as 4 or 5 other Tonys). We were suppose to see Ana Gasteyer as Elphaba, I wanted to see that SO bad. I can't believe my luck! I get lucky, for probably the first time ever, and WIN something in 2 tickets in the front row of Wicked in Chicago! Then, the 2 times in one weekend we get to see Wicked the one person we waned to see calls out both shows. Man it's going to take a while for me to get over this. I mean, it's not like we can just drive down to Chicago again when we want to to catch Ana as Elphaba. Just bad luck I guess!

Then we head back to the parking garage and I can't find my parking ticket thing that we need to pay for our parking. So we go to the hotel and the desk clerk doesn't want to let us back into our room instead he says just take out hotel bill and he stamped it and said to take it to the desk at the parking garage and we can pay for it that way. Ok, sounds good.

So I do that and the guy is just a complete dickhole. I told him I lost the ticket and he asks me, I swear, 8 time if I REALLY lost it. "Is it not in your car? So, you lost your ticket? Are you sure you don't have your ticket somewhere? So you lost your ticket huh? You really don't know where it is?" etc etc. YES, YES I LOST MY GODDAMN TICKET. I'VE TOLD YOU 8 TIMES NOW I DON"T KNOW WHERE IT IS AND THE HOTEL DUDE SAID I COULD USE THIS BILL TO PAY FOR IT. "Well, you'll have to pay for the maximum amount because of your lost ticket...it's 31 dollars, are you sure you don't know where your ticket is? You're leaving now? Are you sure?" NO, I don't know where my ticket is, Yes, we're leaving now, FINE, I'll pay the money I don't give a shit anymore. The reason, I think, he was asking so much is because we're suppose to get a discount for parking there and staying at the hotel we stayed at, that's why he stamped it. He said it'd be fine to use that bill, apparently this dick at the parking garage doesn't think so, so I pay the $31 and go on my merry damn way.

We got out of Chicago and back on to the interstate without TOO much trouble, I was quite proud of myself. :-) Stopped for supper on the way home and got home at 12:30 am.

We rated this mini-vacation at a 7/10. 1 point off for the TINY hotel. 1 point off for traffic/getting lost/pissy Chicago people and 1 BIG point off for not getting to see Ana as Elphaba.

We DID have a good time and loved it! LOVED getting to see Wicked twice and SO close. Loved getting to see Little Shop and so close! Loved getting to see Chicago and just be out with the two of us for the first time ever. Theatre is grand, isn't it? :-)