« Home | I just don't know... » | ?? » | Gasy » | Wedding Singer » | Eating » | My dreams you never knew...that will never come true » | Balls in my Throat » | Air Quality Advisory Issued Through Wednesday » | Well... » | I remembered... » 

Thursday, February 03, 2005 

The Job Search Continues

Here is another job I applied for:



Job Title: Creative Services Coordinator
Reports To: Director, Creative Services

JOB DESCRIPTION: Responsible for editing, producing and maintaining Midland
National Life Annuity Division printed and electronic material.

ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Edit brochures, monthly publications, marketing materials, seminar
invitations and other promotional pieces.
2. Provide camera-ready artwork for national advertisements, award programs
and specialty items.
3. Design forms, newsletters and promotional materials as needed.
4. Maintain a positive image of the company.
5. Write and proofread marketing materials as necessary.
6. All other duties as assigned by manager.

QUALIFICATIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):
1. Background in Graphic Design, Communications, Advertising, Journalism or
English with a strong desire to learn.
2. Macintosh design programs including, but not limited to, Adobe Photoshop,
QuarkXpress, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Acrobat.
3. Three years design experience.
4. Creativity and ingenuity coupled with excellent organizational and
communication skills.
5. Problem-solving skills with an attention to detail.
6. Knowledge of insurance industry, specifically annuity products, is
strongly desired.

WORK ENVIRONMENT/EQUIPMENT: G4 Macintosh with 21 inch monitor Internet
Telephone Fax Other normal office equipment
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITY:
CONTACTS:
RESPONSIBILITY:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment



Sounds like a good job to me!
My sister works there, so she told me about it, and did an internal referral for me today, so...I don't have three years experience and what experience I DO have is not so good, but, if they give me a chance I still (somehow) think I might be able to do it. Especially if I have someone to work with that can work with me and show me the ropes and I can ask questions and get my feet wet.
I would be scared shitless if I actually got the job though...