« Home | Underwear Police? » | New Car :-) » | last one...for now ;-)  » | hey, who's takin' my picture?!  » | wait...how'd my ass get in there?!  » | Like mother like daughter  » | watch the transition...  » | Christmas at the in-laws  » | I love you Mommy and Daddy!  » | There she is  » 

Thursday, February 10, 2005 

Hey, I know plenty of grown-ups who read them



The Lemony Snickett books are awesome. I will admit, I hadn't even heard of Lemony Snickett before the movie started being advertised, but then I wanted to see the movie because it looked good and I love Jim Carrey. So, while in Washington at the in-laws my brother-in-law, who is 13, was already on the 12 book in the Series of Unfortunate Events and had seen the movie and he was pumped to take us because I said I wanted to see it and I try to do things with him when we're there. Well the first three books my sister-in-law had bought and they came in a box set so I sat down and read the first one and then we went and saw the movie (which is a culmination of the first three books) and the books are a lot better. I then went back to their house and read the second book and then we had to come home so I got the box set of the first three from V for my birthday and I've read those all now. I just went and bought the next three books, which also come in another box set, and will start reading those.

They are very good, I enjoy them immensly and recommend them to anyone who wants a good series to pick up for a while. I love the way he writes. It is just so smooth and easy to read and he's an outsider who got the story of the Baudelaire orphans and doesn't want to share it with his readers (us) but feels he must because it's an important and interesting story. It's great fun.