« Home 

Tuesday, September 28, 2004 

Sick...and some theatre...and why not throw in some politics and how they're connected to TV for me

Hello all (I say hello all, like there's more than about 3 people that read this yet...oh and I say yet, I will have a following! oh yes, a following I will have)...a big pile of sickness over here.

Man, I've got the runny nose, the stuffy nose (why is it possible to have both?), stuffy ears, drainage in the back of my throat, sore throat and massively tired. I was proud of myself for going to bed at 11 p.m. last night. I got close to eight hours of sleep! I very much did not want to come to work today, but I know I am not sick enough not to, well, I am, but I'm trying to save my PTO.

On Saturday night I got to see Veronica in Bleacher Bums and I actually quite enjoyed it. When Veronica got cast I read the script and man does the script suck! The play has no plot whatsoever. It's, I guess, about a group of people who go to Cubs games and are die-hard fans. Yeah..that's it. The play just revolves around them at the game and their reaction to the game and what they do to help the Cubbies win and their addiction to betting on everything.

But it was fun! There was some solid acting, and then there was some ok acting too. I thought my wife did a fantastic job. She was playing Rose, a 50 something year old wife of Zig who is there at the game with ihs buddies betting as usual. She is a closet Cubs fan, and when she shows up to the game she actually knows more than most of the guys, she just slyly throws the comments and the facts in. She doesn't want her husband to bet anymore, yadda yadda yadda.

There was a characte, Greg, who is blind and is a nice guy. I thought that the guy playing Greg did an excellent job. Veronica informs me after the show that he's actually a diva offstage and doesn't take criticism well, etc. That's too bad...

It sure does suck to be sick, just let me throw that in there.

So politics and TV...some of you will get a kick out of this. I have some sort of an interest in this years election, I've been doing some reading, doing some talking politics at work, etc. so I halfway feel like I might know what I'm talking about.

Well, so the debates interest me and I was wanting to watch them, except for one thing. It's on during TV shows I want to watch! And you know what? I'm probably going to watch the TV show instead. See...I have a TiVo , the greatest invention ever. And so it can record shows for me without me having to worry, so I could go into the other TV to watch the debates while I'm taping my TV, except for that on Thursday's TiVo is already taping something I want to watch and then I go into the bedroom at 7 p.m. and watch Survivor. Well, if Survivor and the debates are on at the same time...I think I'm going to be watching Survivor, sorry...because I can't TiVo Survivor because some other TV show is already TiVo-ing, get it? TV junkie :-) Oh well...I'm not ashamed. I have many other interests, that's why I have a TiVo, because I'm a junkie and because then I can watch the TV shows whenever I want to instead of having to be at the TV when that TV show is on!

I'm going to be done for now because the sickness makes me tired and my break is over...I might be back

If you want to see some good political talks, even though he is not only leaning to the right, he fell over ;-) go to Iowa Geek

TiVo does rock. We love it! It records 2 shows at once... but what is so good on Thursdays? I can't say that I find Survivor that intriguing.

I'm sure Doug will be able to fill you in on all the events. Wait... I just checked...seems you're in luck! The debate is on AFTER Survivor!!! I have just set our TiVo to record... Hee hee hee

I'm not too right wing. I mean I haven't even had my VRWC membership card laminated or anything, just a nice frame...

Lol, excellent! I will watch both then. You know Jody, now that we have TiVo I don't know what's on when, I just know that the shows are on my TiVo and I watch them. I've lost all track of when shows are on though!

Very nice site! » » »

Post a Comment